How to Join
Flights For Life, Incorporated (FFL) requires minimum qualifications to join the organization, see below to see if you meet the requirements. Click here to download an application.
- Pilots must possess:
- A valid and Current FAA pilot Certificate
- Either a valid and current FAA medical certificate, or qualify under BasicMed
- To fly PIC on day cargo missions, pilots must have:
- 100 Hours as PIC
- 25 Hours cross-country
- 5 Hours minimum time in aircraft make and model to be flown
- If in high performance aircraft, 10 Hours minimum
- Note: before flying night cargo missions, you must meet the following minimum requirements.
- 300 Hours as PIC. If you have and instrument rating - 200 hours as PIC.
- 50 Hours cross-country
- 30 Hours at night. If you have an Instruments Rating - 15 hours at night.
- Your application package will include:
- Completed and signed application and waiver.
- Copies of:
- Your Airman Certificate, front and back.
- Either your Medical Certificate of your BasicMed Physician checklist and Certificate of Completion of the BasicMed Medical Education Course.
- Logbook pages, demonstrating that you meet the Flights for Life flight time requirements for pilots.
- Logbook page with your current Flight Review, or
- A copy of your FAA Wings Certificate or Proficiency/Flight Review.
- Logbook page or pages demonstrating that you meet FAA Recency of Experience Requirements.
- $40 check, payable to Flights for Life. This is your initiation fee.
Mail your package to:
Flights for Life, Inc.
P.O. Box 26485
Phoenix, AZ 85068-6485
E-Mail your package to:
E-mail your complete package (pdf only) to
Mail your $40 check to the address on the left.